I have been wanting to tell more stories with my scrapbooks. I do believe a picture can tell a thousand words. Although I think to be able to really hold on to memories you also need stories not just facts.
With my parents and myself getting older I realize how well do I really know them.
So I have decided to create a Parents Album. I want a place where I can keep photos, memories and stories I remember about growing up. But most important I had a few questions I wanted to ask them and have them written in their own words.
I have decided to do an 8x8 album. I picked about 5 questions and wrote them on a sheet of 8x8 paper. I decided to do neutral colors which will give me the opportunity to choose colors when I gather my photos and etc.
Here are my sheets with my questions.
The questions I chose to ask were:
- Favorite Movie
- If you could have dinner with a famous person who would it be.
- What would you like to be remembered for.
- Best Christmas present you ever received . Best present you ever gave.
- Most wonderful thing that has ever happened to you. Saddest thing that has ever happened to you.
- Where did you meet. How did he propose/How did you propose.
I made copies for my mom and my dad.
This way I can also preserve their handwriting.
I added a note explaining what I was doing and will mail it out to them.
I will keep sharing as I complete this album as it will be an ongoing project.